.

.

Sunday, January 5, 2014

Pinterest Win - "Open When" Letters

It's all over Pinterest, I know. Everyone's doing it, I know. I'm usually not one to jump on the bandwagon.....but I really, really, REALLY, loved the idea and sentiment behind this one. So I just HAD to do it. 


"Open when" letters. 


The pin:

http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/3b/53/40/3b5340666ece384d2ee16eb5009b4166.jpg This is the photo I found on Pinterest that originally gave me the idea. The link provided only took me to an image, not to a site.


But with the help of a fellow blogger, here is where the idea actually came from! So awesome to have found the original source of thought! 
www.lifelovelauren.com


My creation:



Open when we have a fight. Open when it's Valentines Day. Open when It's snowing. Open when you're mad at me. Open when I'm crying. Open when you are doubting my love. Open when......

I knew I had to make these for Sammy, and I did so for Christmas. I placed them all in a box designed to look like a book and placed it under the tree. :) I hope he has a lot of fun reading them over this next year.

With love,
Mama Hauck

6 comments:

  1. This is the actual source of that pin. I think it is great that you try to give credit to original pinners. That is one of my pet peeves about it, that people can edit or delete the source of a pin, that should remain with the post and be like a digital footprint. ANyway, it is sort of like giving credit to an artist. So, kudos to you. By the way, that is not my pin but I came across it earlier and searched my history to go back to it so you can have the original :)

    Links here:
    http://www.lifelovelauren.com/2013/06/the-paper-gift.html

    and here:
    http://www.lifelovelauren.com/2013/09/open-when-follow-up.html?m=1

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, I like your take on it, love the keepsake box and presentation! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, thank you! I updated my post to give rightful credit! Thanks for the information! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this idea! I'm just having trouble thinking of "open when" titles..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used all the holidays including birthday and anniversary. I did weather ones and made them fun....rain: lets go sit on the porch and listen to the rain, snow: lets have a snowball fight, hot out: throw on your swim suit, mix us up some drinks, and lets hit the sprinkler. Then there's the more sentimental ones: when your mad, when I'm mad, when I'm crying, when it's been a long day, when you need a pick-me-up, when you're feeling blue, etc.

      :)

      Delete